Saturday 21 March 2009

Hide all drives from My Computer

How to Hide all the drives(C:, D:, E:,...etc) in "My Computer"

This is a great trick you can play on your friends. To disable the display of local or networked drives when you click My Computer.

1. Go to Start -> Run.

2. Type regedit

3. Now go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

4. In the right pane, create a new DWORD item and name it NoDrives (it is case sensitive).

5. Modify it's value and set it to 3FFFFFF (Hexadecimal) .

6. Restart your computer.

7. So, now when you click on My Computer, no drives will be shown.

To enable display of drives in My Computer, simply delete the DWORD item that you have created. Restart your computer. The drives will be visible again.

Do it at your own risk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like my post then please take the trouble to leave a comment.
Thank You

Receive Newsletter!

Enter your email address: